Music Boosters of Geneva is a group of enthusiastic parents and teachers dedicated to the promotion, support and enrichment of the instructional music programs within the Geneva City School District.
We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to become an active member of the the Music Boosters of Geneva. Your participation will help to ensure the continuation of the high quality music programs within our district.
Our primary objectives are:
- To involve the community in supporting the music department and to keep parents informed of all music activities, fundraisers and concert events.
- To enhance school board support of music activities and to provide additional financial support for the music program of the GCSD.
- To encourage students and their families to participate in the activities of the music boosters by attending concerts, activities and fundraisers.
- To actively support all performances and events of the school music program.
Since its founding, Music Boosters has provided teachers and students with the extras they need for a successful music education experience such as:
- Funding annual scholarship prizes, the Godfrey Brown Choral Award ($500.00) and the Karen Lucas Band Award ($500.00), for two outstanding seniors.
- Purchasing Smart Music (a motivational practice tool) for GMS/GHS.
- Purchasing music for the NSS Choir program.
- Assisting the GHS Chamber Choir with formal wear for their concerts and competitions.
- Purchased instruments including pianos for NSS, WSS, GHS and a Bass Clarinet for GHS.
- Providing drum buckets and drum sticks for GMS music classroom unit.
- Supplying volunteers and all the food and beverages for the Finger Lakes Music Educators Association (FLMEA) All County Festival that was hosted at GHS/GMS in 2018 and 2020.
- Held a kickoff instrument drive and paid for repairs on donated instruments.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions, and thank you for helping Geneva’s youngest musicians make music!